O’Fallon homeowners should be aware of several sounds and symptoms that could indicate a problem with their heating and cooling system. If you notice any of the following, it may be time to contact a reliable O’Fallon HVAC professional at Stay Cool Climate Control for an inspection and potential repairs:
1. Loud or unusual noises with your system: Banging, clanking, grinding, or other unusual noises can indicate a problem with your equipment, such as a loose or broken part.
2. Unusual smells: If you notice a burning smell or any other unusual odors coming from your heating or cooling system, it could indicate a problem with the electrical components or a gas leak. It is not uncommon to get some odors from your HVAC equipment but this should not be taken lightly. If you smell gas in your home, please consult an O’Fallon plumber immediately and take action. Turning off the gas in your home or evacuating to a safe area should be done.
3. Uneven heating or cooling in the home: If some areas of your home are warmer or cooler than others, it could be a sign of an issue with your system’s airflow or a problem with the thermostat. A lot of hot and cold spots in homes are a result of uneven airflow, this can easily be corrected with duct modifications, zoning systems, and newer high-efficiency equipment.
4. Poor airflow: Reduced or weak airflow could indicate a problem with your system’s blower fan, ductwork, or air filter. Airflow issues will not only affect your comfort levels but your equipment’s efficiency as well. Don’t overpay for extra utilities, and have Stay Cool professional O’Fallon plumbers check your system’s performance.
5. Constant cycling: If your system is frequently turning on and off, it may indicate a problem with the thermostat, wiring, or other electrical components. This can cause over amping of electrical components and shorten the life of your equipment.
6. Higher energy bills: If you notice a sudden increase in your energy bills without any other changes to your usage, it could indicate that your system is working less efficiently or needs repair. Your unit could have an issue with refrigerant, dirty coils, clogged ducts, and more!
If you notice any of these symptoms or other unusual behaviors from your heating or cooling system, it’s essential to contact a professional O’Fallon HVAC technician at Stay Cool Climate Control for an inspection and potential repair services. Ignoring these symptoms could lead to further damage to your system or even safety hazards.